Monday, March 31, 2008

If you squint just right you can see a surfer in this pic. We rented a car and did some beach cruising Saturday. When I reserved the car I asked for a Chevy. When we picked the car up they said the Chevy was already rented and they would upgrade us to a Kia. Lee & I both were thinking,'You call this an upgrade'. It's not as bad as we had thought. I just would not want to pay several years for one.
We did some shopping Friday night and ate out.

This is at Pacific Beach in the San Diego, CA area. It was cool out so there were not too many people actually on the beach and even fewer surfing. It was busy along the beach front where the businesses were. I did manage to buy souvenirs for the granddaughters. We ate at Fatburgers and had fatfries. We figured we were suited for the theme . Pretty good burgers. Finding a parking space was terrible. We finally found a space and thought we knew which block we parked on. When we started looking for the car we couldn't find it. Not a great feeling. When we finally found it Lee said 'I never thought I would be so glad to see a Kia.'


We had a good time.
Blessings to all.


3 comments:

Amy said...

Stupid KIAs. Thank you for the giggle.

Gina said...

Gorgeous pictures! The only water we have here has green stuff floating on it.

Sandra dodd said...

It will be interesting to compare this beach scene to the Island scene you are going to!