Tuesday, March 18, 2008
It's off to see Legoland
My sister, Virginia, made it to SD along with her daughter, Amber, and her two sons. Virginia has been sick with her COPD (lungs) and we have visited but not gone anywhere, which is fine with me. We were all supposed to go to Legoland Sunday but it was supposed to be cold and rainy Sunday. There were some storms that went through about 4:00 am but it was dried up by the time we went to church. It turned out to be a pretty sunny day. A little cool, but not bad at all. Amber took us to church Sunday morning. A lot of the churches here rent space in shopping centers or schools because property is so expensive. We found a small church of about 40 to 50 people that is within a few miles from our hotel. They are very friendly people and a couple has already volunteered to pick us up for services. Amber saw someone she thought looked familiar who turned out to be the granddaughter of a teacher of her boys and someone who I knew when I was growing up in Kingsburg, CA. Then Lee and I ran into someone who was related to a friend from the Edmond church we attended in OK. Truly a small world after all.
The hotel here has gas grills on its court yard that they allow the guests to use. We cooked hamburgers last night and we will probably BBQ again tonight. There is also a little basketball/tennis court that one of the boys played on while we cooked. Lee took him back out to play some more after we ate.
Lee is working today but the rest of us are going to Legoland. I'm not real sure what a Legoland is, but I think it is a mini Disneyland. The boys are really excited. I am going to be really tired since I woke up at 3:30 this morning.
Blessing to all
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HA! You will grill anywhere there is a grill. I am going to miss your hamburgers.....can you send me one from Kwaj?
I surprised Kevin hasn't popped in to proclaim his undying love for Legos. He does love him some Legos.
Post a Comment