Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Honolulu, Hawaii
We traveled more miles on the longest vacation we have ever taken in our nearly 37 years of marriage.
Tornadoes were spawning less than a quarter mile away all around us in Shreveport. We met our new grandson in Edmond. Laughed until our sides hurt in Austin and watched incompetent movers moving our youngest daughter and her family to Germany back in Shreveport. Unfortunately we did not get to see everyone we wanted to see. There just wasn't enough time and I just don't travel that well.
These are pics of the Honolulu Airport which is largely open. Before this trip we had always landed at night and we did not know how beautiful it was during the daylight. We arrived at 2:30 in the afternoon (Hawaii time) but our bodies were still working on Central time. We were too tired to do anything.
We forced ourselves to go eat dinner and crashed after dinner. Of coarse our sleep pattern was still on Central time and we woke up at 3 am.
We have finally gotten all our parts working on Kwaj time.
Lee is going for a week of training in Hawaii on a new machine they are buying for Kwaj the first week of June. Since we have seen very little of Hawaii yet, I must tag along. My legs and feet do not allow me to shop nearly as much as I want to, but even if I only get to look at more than one store, I'll be thrilled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment