Sunday, January 18, 2009

Police Car Collapse

This is one of the police cars parked by the dock on Ebeye. I don't know how old this car is, but I would guess it was used five years or less. They have newer pick ups now, but I don't think this car will get them anywhere any time soon.
Cars, or anything metal will not last long in the Marshall Islands. The salt water just eats it up. The spokes on my new tricycle that we bought just before Christmas are already severely rusting. It is clear we will have to get new spokes in six months or less.
The kids were belting out the songs in class this morning. It is really cute to watch the littlest kids who usually cry the first time they see us to sit on the front bench trying their hardest to do all the hand signs and sing the songs when most of them don't understand English. It's amazing that several dozen cookies and numerous pieces of gum will change a cry into a smile. They are precious souls.

No comments: