Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Shipment
Our shipment is being delivered tomorrow morning. Praise God! I will let you know how things turn out.
Some things I learned on our trip from San Diego to Kwaj.
1) The Pacific Ocean is way bigger than I had anticipated. It goes forever!
2) There are a lot of clouds over the ocean.
3) Clouds look like cotton balls (which I already knew) but they can line up in a series of rows just like a cotton patch.
4)You can actually fly into Honolulu, spend the night and fly out early the next morning and never see anything but the airport and the hotel. Not recommended!
5)They are fibbing to you when they tell you that you have to show up and check in for the flight to Kwaj no less than two hours early or you will not be permitted to board. There were about eight of us who believed what they said and the other 149 mostly native people showed up less than 30 minutes before we boarded the plane and we all made the flight.
6) Majuro, the capital of the Marshall Islands is really long and skinny. Not what I had expected at all.
7) The Majuro airport consists of a runway that has ocean water just outside your window on both sides of the plane.
8) The plane that flies into and out of Kwaj is based in Guam. They fly from Guam to Kwaj to Majuro to Honolulu and the next day fly back to Guam.
9) The airport at Kwaj is a top secret area. You can not take a picture of anything on or in the airport or they will take your camera away from you. Why just that area is top secret I have no idea.
10) The Pacific Ocean is really BIG.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Soon you will be enjoying your bed more than you ever dreamed you could before now... I hope you get settled so you can get those tomato plants started!!
Post a Comment